What is your favourite
Book
Asks Alice
That's easy Little Cricket
Yours
I say
The dogs bark
And the ceiling moves
We would like
To move
I trust you
I say
The gates are closed
The sky is dark
Mother stole
The powder
You can't blame
Everything on mother
She says
You are grown now
The birds
Circle overhead
A storm is brewing
We will hunker
Down in bed
Wait for tomorrow
Enjoy our dreams.
Aww sweet Alice "hunkering down" in her bed waiting for tomorrow "to enjoy her dreams" .... this one is for all those who would like to move but must hunker down and wait for another day with hope to enjoy dreams deferred.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteAnd hopefully they will be good dreams!
A stormy day in bed with books sounds pretty good to me! Smiles. I love "What is your favourite Book Asks Alice
ReplyDeleteThat's easy Little Cricket
Yours "
It would be good to move with that ceiling, I think, tho I trust the two of you will be comfortable no matter where, as long as you are together. O, yes! Having a bed helps, of course, even under the open sky.
ReplyDelete"The gates are closed
ReplyDeleteThe sky is dark" ........Not a good time to move, rather it's better to wait for another time. In spite of darkness and storm there are books here too. Lovely.
Jae,
ReplyDeletethere's no better feeling than staying safely hunkered down indoors, when a storm is looming. Imagination can really be a wonderful escape, during those worrying times...stay safe..
How wise is the voice of Alice!
ReplyDeleteThat's easy Little Cricket Yours Love that and love how you say we can't blame everything on mother...
ReplyDeleteA storm is brewing
ReplyDeleteWe will hunker
Down in bed
Wait for tomorrow ... I can go with that plan, too.
A storm is brewing
ReplyDeleteWe will hunker
Down in bed
Wait for tomorrow ... I can go with that plan, too.
I would love to spend a day with your Alice .... wise, wonderful, find.
ReplyDeleteSometimes we just need to feel safe before we can really move
ReplyDeleteSounds as if things aren't going well? I hope they improve soon!
ReplyDelete