You know we will
Have to leave
One day
She says
Sipping her favourite tea
We've been waiting so long
We have forgotten what
We are looking for
Peace
Quiet
Sleep
A hand to hold
We look out of the window
The sky is thick with cloud
Maybe it will snow
She giggles
Then we will be
Trapped here forever
Always unsteady on
Our toes
I wish life was brighter
I say out loud
I wish the shivers and aches
Would go away
All in good time
You're doing the right thing
That is what the voices say
I try my hardest to listen
Hope that if I do
There will be a revolution.
I so enjoy your conversations with Alice, Jae. Revolution is not just for the masses but for individuals and small groups, in simple, human ways. Even the wishes are simple and human.
ReplyDeleteAh, I am sure you are doing the right thing and trying your hardest. I am hoping for a brighter life for you and the best possible revolution.
ReplyDeleteSometimes the inner revolutions are the hardest. But the ones that bring us the peace we are seeking. I love this poem, Jae. Have a nice day today.
ReplyDelete"Peace
ReplyDeleteQuiet
Sleep
A hand to hold"
Listen to the voices, indeed, as they lead you toward this revolutionary goal!
It takes time to get what we are seeking for. When the inner voice says what we are doing is the right thing we cannot but agree. Nice thoughts Jae.
ReplyDelete