Monday, 20 November 2023

Memory

I do not remember 
Being small 
I say
In the middle of the night
That's funny
Alice giggles
I have always been small
And it suits me fine 
Do you remember falling 
Of course Little Cricket
I tumbled down 
The Rabbit hole 
Just like you
Except I am big 
And it is harder to run
When you are big 
Just ask mother 
She is small
And always running
Maybe we should 
Invite her to tea
Alice says
Always the optimist 
The cool air
Licks our ankles 
As the stars fade 
And the moon gets 
Ready to swap 
With the sun 
Perhaps there will be 
New memories
A different story to tell
We rest our head against the pillow 
Close our eyes
And dream.

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Jae........"Always the optimist" made me smile. I enjoy the dreamy tone, the moon getting ready to swap with the sun, and closing your eyes and dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The conversation is enhanced by the beauty of the scene:
    "The cool air
    Licks our ankles
    As the stars fade
    And the moon gets
    Ready to swap
    With the sun"

    Have a awonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely. Yes, new memories will tell different stories. There are so many different and beautiful images here.

    ReplyDelete