Wednesday, 11 October 2023

Gratitude

We are in our element 
Roaring fires
Soothing winds 
The cold parches 
Our lips
No more sugar today
We have a lot to be thankful for
Creamy milk
Fancy cakes 
Home in time for tea 
She giggles 
Hair ablaze 
I take her hand in mine
Skip trip 
All is well 
We lie in bed
Gently breathing 
Tomorrow is another day
Perhaps there will be an adventure 
Perhaps we will just 
Sit by the riverbank 
Watch the birds 
Soaring and gliding 
That sounds like a capital plan 
Will there be cake 
She asks
Always Little Cricket 
I reply
Always. 

8 comments:

  1. I love this so much. Like me, you have the gift of enjoying the small pleasures. That makes for happiness. Lovely, Jae. Thanks for linking at What's Going On?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "All is well"...It's almost like a prayer. May it expand all over this planet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful things to be grateful for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you say 'always little cricket' so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed, there should always be cake! Add a riverbank and birds soaring and gliding, or a roaring fire to keep the cold away – it sounds heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Sumana's comment and the idea of "all is well" ringing throughout the world like a prayer since so many things are far from well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To be connected like that with the earth and simple things ... and cake :)

    ReplyDelete