We lose track of time
As we read this beautiful poem
All our adventures
Wrapped up
Condensed
Like milk
Sweet to the tooth
Light on the heart
We boil the kettle
Fill the bowls
Let's pretend at making tea
She claps her hands
In glee
We lay everything out
On the table
Shiny spoons
Delicate plates
We will eat
When the moon drops
When we have to light a candle
Say a prayer
Enjoy our feast
We enjoy the silence
The fact that we can
Sit at the table together
Take this poem
We whisper
Time is flying by.
It is so easy to lose track of time when reading a poem. I like your last three lines very much, Jae. "Time is flying by" indeed.
ReplyDeleteThis is so beautiful, Jae. I love every line and, especially, the three closing lines. Just lovely. I would love to share your tea party!
ReplyDeleteJae,
ReplyDeleteOur poems can be a track of keeping time with our lives, especially when looking back through archives.
I loved looking-in upon your afternoon tea party . A great association with time :)
That’s the perfect way to lose time, Jae, reading beautiful poems, and I enjoyed reading yours. I love the thought of adventures ‘Condensed / Like milk / Sweet to the tooth / Light on the heart’. This is a gentle life, when one can ‘pretend at making tea’.
ReplyDelete"All our adventures
ReplyDeleteWrapped up
Condensed " Time seems to stop here. Love how the poem progresses. Love the end too.
loved it all - and the whisper of a poem
ReplyDeleteBeautiful and great ways to lose track of time especially reading poems
ReplyDeleteLovely! It's nice to lose track of time in that kind of way.
ReplyDeleteWell done. Time seems always in the background humming.
ReplyDeleteA lovely poem, Jae. If you will, I am going to tag along with Sherry.
ReplyDeleteI like the condensed milk...
ReplyDeleteTea and poetry... very fine ways of losing track of time
ReplyDeleteTea and a poem make good partners, when time needs to be slowed down. :-)
ReplyDeleteAll of us readers have been virtually sharing a lot of your teas!
ReplyDeleteA lovely tea party with poetry
ReplyDeleteThe condensed milk is sweet just like poems are a treat!
ReplyDeleteWith the moon/candlelight as company...