Sunday, 18 September 2022

Autumn Words

The words fall at our feet
Like autumn leaves
We know that it is not normal
But we wish to stay in the game
My throat rattles
A belly full of pills
And liquor 
Her eyes sweep over me
Checking I am breathing
I search for her eyes
In the darkness
How sweet it would be to see them
Like opening a box of delights
The longer we stay
The more I search
Time stands still
Yet moves
As slow as a tortoise 
How I wish for the Autumn fall
For the safety of words
And her soft hand upon my cheeks
Such a delicate wish
Bit one that seems hard to come by
But still I dream 
And still we are together.

1 comment:

  1. I love your opening lines...lovely to think of the words falling like autumn leaves........enjoy watching the leaves turn colour, Jae. Fall is a time of spectacular beauty. I love it so much. There should be fall colour as I travel through the mountains tomorrow, as well as in Port........they get more leaf colour than we do here. Will e you from there...........my sister's dog always greets me with such joy. I look forward to that.

    ReplyDelete