The spiders are busy
Spinning their milky webs
They are our friends tonight
We spend a longtime watching
They give us a magic
We cannot explain
Twisting and turning in the air
As if they know when to start
And quit
Alice looks harder
As if she knows someone
Will give her advice
I am incoherent
Happy in the silence
Sometimes our life feels demented
But it is ours
The rain will come and
Wash the webs away
We will stay
Wrapped up in the misty sky
Breathing gently
Waiting for morning to come.
"Sometimes our lives feel demented but it is ours." Smiles. I love that line; it resonates with me. Spiders do lead fascinating lives. Amazing how they know how to spin their webs and catch their suppers. I wish humans had learned how to do so less destructively.
ReplyDeleteFair enough, to be happy in moments of peace, beauty and fascination. To be 'Wrapped up in the misty sky / Breathing gently' sounds heavenly to me.
ReplyDeleteI agree, spiders are our friends, trapping and eating pesky flies, and I love their milky webs – such deft spinners! I especially love the lines:
ReplyDelete‘They give us a magic
We cannot explain
Twisting and turning in the air
As if they know when to start
And quit’.
I also love the incy wincy spider reference and the shift link from the milky webs that wrap up flies to the lines:
‘We will stay
Wrapped up in the misty sky’.
There's always something goinmg on in your place Jae. Alice is always there bringing magic to your life and even looking at spiders is fun!
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed reading this. "Wrapped up in the misty sky". Loved that
ReplyDeleteHey there Jae - lovely writing as ever.... My favourite line here for sure is: "Sometimes our life feels demented
ReplyDeleteBut it is ours" Great stuff! I myself might have been tempted to say: But at least it's ours..." But that's just me overwriting as usual perhaps... Hey! Ho!
"They give us a magic
ReplyDeleteWe cannot explain" absolutely and after the rain happily some of the webs can still be seen
Happy Sunday Jae
Muchđź’–love
Beautiful images, the spiders and the speakers meeting an evening and heading towards morning. I find myself tilting back and just reading it again.
ReplyDeleteSo lovely, full of softness and serenity.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful
ReplyDeleteI am reminded of the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" ditty and reminded that, after being washed out, the spider "went up the spout again"!
ReplyDeleteanother adventure... thanks
ReplyDeleteThose precious moments of togetherness and peace are treasures. Lovely poem!
ReplyDelete