I clutch my passport
For a while
I had to look at the name
And the picture
To tell who I was
We cast wishes into the sky
Like kites
Brushing the clouds
Ushering down the rain
A steady river of water
My face is hot
I place my fingers on my cheek
The heat transfers
The tears cluster on my finger tips
The grapes have turned brown
Forgotten in the bowl
The weight of the world
Feels to be descending
We lie still
It is too dark to read my name
See my picture
If you can't see who you are
You can be anyone you like
She says
I take a deep breath
Try to believe.
I love these:
ReplyDelete“We cast wishes into the sky
Like kites”
the last 5 lines
But we see who you are, Jae, and you are beautiful. Believe.
ReplyDeleteEverything is possible if you believe Jae. You have become a writer of note because you developed your own unique style which is captivating.
ReplyDeleteWe are but mere specks of sand in the cosmos....not a good time for the world at the moment...as my old Gran used to say ...one foot in front of the other...keep going.Lovely poem.
ReplyDeleteThis is such an evocative write. Well written!
ReplyDeleteWow! <3
ReplyDeleteAs always, you take us right there with you.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful poem with some great images I love "We cast wishes into the sky Like kites Brushing the clouds"
ReplyDelete