Truth or dare she bellows across the living room floor
Truth I say
And we giggle together
Knowing we are bound up in a web of deceit
We check the numbers perfectly
But they never add up
The whole word seems stacked against us at times
All I need is cans and the red bed
And me silly she squeals
Yes Alice always you
You are my thief and truth bearer
There is nothing left to do
Not whilst the cans are gone
And my memory is restored.
Truth, half truth and lies, each one fits into our conscience at times and each one is regretted when used at the wrong time. Memory can be a real curse sometimes forgetting one day, remembering the next. At least you have Alice who is uncritical as good friends should be.
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of Alice being a truth bearer. I vaguely remember the detail of AIW... but I can't grasp the context here. A little help, please?
ReplyDeleteA game I have never played, or we play for keeps each day. A giggle is always good, when playing. Ah....deceit, but who is really good at it? Look at our orange leader, his every word is deceit, and we can't say he is good at it. Little girls in a poem, giggles and squeals! What fun it is to be.
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of Alice as truth bearer. And love when your memory is restored to you. Love the giggling over the truth or dare bellowing. Smiles.
ReplyDeleteWonderful write!
ReplyDeleteWonderful write!
ReplyDelete'you are my thief and truth bearer' - Bringing truth always can change memories.
ReplyDeleteLove this, Jae!
I think our lives are a web of self-deceit Jae, and in essence have to be, for us to survive. We lie to ourselves and others as in self-protection. Although it is also true that this deceit can also cause us harm.
ReplyDeleteThe truth of our lives is sometimes hard to bear.
All that said, I do enjoy life.
Anna :o]