Wednesday, 2 May 2018

Barter

We barter our trade like silver pennies
Up and down all the time
Always constant
Alice is a little scared
I tuck her under the covers
I will not let anyone in
Just run out for powder
Chest aching from the burns
We barter our trade like silver pennies
Up and down all the time.

10 comments:

  1. Poor Alice, what lives she has had to live with the White Rabbit, growing and shrinking, meeting Mad Hatter let alone all the others in the story. Lewis Carroll has a lot to answer for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you keep Alice safe, all will be well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The daily trade-offs abound, but we keep our souls safe. I hope. I am happy to see Alice again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a busy life, looking after Alice and bartering trade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reassure Alice that all will be well. I can feel that chest aching from the burns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always constant. ....exhausting. But if she's safe, I suppose it's OK.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you are keeping Alice safe - the constant bartering must be tiring.
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you are there to look after Alice. It seems a good trade - you looking after each other.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being responsible for the well-being of Alice is important. A trade-off in real terms sort of!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  10. If Alice is safely tucked in we know there will be poems on the morrow

    Have a good day Jae

    Much🌼love

    ReplyDelete