We are stuck together like glue
Each day an eternity
Always waiting
Barely breathing
The holes in our chest moving up and down
As we pace
Around and around
We listen for the sound of the metal gate
Long for bed and sleep
She gets inpatient
Why can't you just get up and go out
I can't answer
All I know is we have each other.
It is sad when we are prisoners of ourselves, when anxiety shuts us in. Days are an eternity and sleep a welcome relief.
ReplyDeleteAnd we await the gate opening…
Anna
This is so claustrophobic... but being bonded, there are not another choice
ReplyDeletethe bond between two people can be unbreakable
ReplyDeleteOh, how I have missed reading you. Welcome back, wonderful poem!!
ReplyDeleteYes, you and Alice have each other. So much pain in this Jae.
ReplyDeleteYes there are two sides to being bonded. You capture that here well Jae! Always a pleasure reading your beautiful poetry!!
ReplyDeleteSometimes it takes someone we love asking us the tough questions for us to find answers, even if its the answer to another question.
ReplyDeleteSome addictions we can laugh about like chocolate, wine or books others really hurt us that we find it hard to break free from to even go for a walk. What a telling piece Jae but hey! A walk sound good to me I just have to persuade my legs as well to escape from temptation!
ReplyDeleteI have missed reading you, too. I can feel the waiting, can picture "the holes in our chest going up and down." It is hard when staying in is claustrophobic, yet going out doesnt appeal. I find i need to get out for a walk. It makes my day, then i am content to be home after.
ReplyDeleteThere is so much pain expressed in this one line:
ReplyDelete'The holes in our chest moving up and down',
in the sharing of the chest and the hollowness of the holes.