How are you feeling now
Translucent
She claps her hands
Trills
Slips down
She is in the head office
I am in the parlour
My lips sticky
Playing mother
Father
She bends the red straw
Makes a bow
I wear a groove in my mouth
Cushions couch and cards collide
Memories grind
Warped vinyl faces
Muttering
Wasted
I can never turn the volume down
Memories are a grave machine
Pouring obstacles out like riddles
I’d rather have tea
She lounges back on Hatter’s hat
We chew ice
Close our eyes
Tired from hunting symbols
Mine taste like figs and cherries
I hold her hand
Meet midway between
Parlour and sky
I can’t remember sweetness
It’s easy if you try
I use my temple mind
Not to get giddy or high
To understand
I see stars on your face
And blood in our bones
All the world translucent.
All the world is translucent. That is why everyone can "see," everything, and we can "see," too. There are no hiding places left, we are all out there, standing naked. Wonderful write! xoxoxoxohugs
ReplyDeleteYou made me think of a snow globe - bith of us sat in our special rooms but connected - shall we shake the snow ;) thank you Annell xo
DeleteTranslucent for those who can see. Thank you for opening a door
ReplyDeleteThank you for seeing Martin
DeleteI see stars on your face
ReplyDeleteAnd blood in our bones
All the world translucent
The world is in the throes of conflicts and crises yet noting seems to change. The translucence effect seems having a strong hold on the decision makers!
Hank
The right kind of change does seem in short supply sadly - thank you Hank
DeleteI wonder whether we are translucent or harder to see now. However I do agree with memories being a grave machine always returning, teasing, hurting with absolutely nothing you can do about them other than make new ones that are worth remembering and smile at.
ReplyDeleteMaybe the latter Old Egg.. thank you as ever for pointing the way toward a little light..and hope
Delete"Memories grind / Warped vinyl faces" these words stand out for me today...may be so 'All the world translucent'...
ReplyDeleteThank you Sumana - hopefully we will see some good thing..
DeleteI love the title. Ah, memories, so difficult to let go. They always return in various forms. Nice to read you again.
ReplyDeleteHave a great holiday Jae
And good to see you too Totomai thank you - have a good holiday!
Delete"I can never turn the volume down
ReplyDeleteMemories are a grave machine"
hope you're hearing joyful angels singing Peace on Earth and Goodwill to all men
HAPPY HOLIDAYS
much love...
Thank you Gillena - we will listen out for them - happy holidays back to you too xo
DeleteThis is really chilling, Jae.
ReplyDeleteDo have a nice Christmas, Jae; and look forward to reading your work in the new (and hopefully better) year.
Thank you Mary - for all your support and careful readings and comments - wishing you a peaceful Christmas and happy new year also
DeleteJust the thought of chewing ice-cubes made me think of suffering, and a translucent world make me think of being invisible... which for a person is a perfect opposite of being invincible.
ReplyDeleteAnd what a wonderful insight - thank you Bjorn - for always seeing through to the bottom of the cup..
Delete"All the world translucent"......I like the idea of a snow globe, mentioned in the comments....it is snowing here today and with everything icy, translucent really fits. I wish you a peaceful and cozy holiday, my friend. Watch movies, enjoy some little treats and know you are very important to all of us here.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Sherry - we will try our very best - thank you especially for that last sentence.. thank you xo
DeleteI can never turn the volume down
ReplyDeleteMemories are a grave machine
Pouring obstacles out like riddles
I’d rather have tea
I really like that bit. There are many times I give myself over to the ritual of making and drinking tea, to get a moment to hit pause on all the things bombarding my mind and hope that things are clearer after a few sips.
Thank you Rommy - your comment made me think of the ritual of tea making in China - it is indeed a pause.. much needed.. wishing you a soothing cup of tea
DeleteIce that tastes like figs and cherries? Where can I get some?!
ReplyDeleteThe imagination shop - we will send you some.. thank you Magical ;)
DeleteIce is translucent but so hard to hold. I love the glimpses into these story poems. They play out in my mind like video clips. Have I said that before?
ReplyDeleteNo you haven't but it's wonderful thought and comment - thank you Colleen
DeleteAh yes, the temple mind. Quiet rooms, hushed echoes, rather than memories. I go there often, to quiet the turmoil, I so often create for myself. They say, when you are stuck, the best thing to do is move, even if its only your eyes. That works well for me, especially because when I'm looking up, I see the sky and remember the temple mind.
ReplyDeleteElizabeth
Thank you so Elizabeth - i love that even small movement can be a move.. any positive shift is a good thought - thank you
DeleteYou Go Sweet Person! Awesome. Short, succinct, and right into the imaginary/real mind.; of your readers, as I am, still trapped in Alice's wonderland. Still underground and trying to surface.
ReplyDeleteZQ
Merry Christmas Jae, may you translate this greetingt
No need for translation ZQ - a kind, sweet and warm greeting - for which thank you very much
DeleteI, occasionally, feel translucent though - the world around me seems to get less so. With each passing year it becomes more ponderous, thick and impenetrable. But perhaps I only see it that way because it is becoming so mired and heavy-burdened.
ReplyDeleteIt is a heavy time Wendy - in so may ways.. i always love the retreats your poems offer - they always make me smile. Thank you
Delete"I can never turn the volume down
ReplyDeleteMemories are a grave machine
Pouring obstacles out like riddles"
I'd rather have tea too, and I don't even like tea. Some memories are best buried. But, I know the holidays tend to revive them. Even if warped, unreal, they can haunt us. Still, what I hope for you Jae, is that you have a peaceful holiday. That you are kind to yourself and relax with Alice.
Thank you so much for that wish Myrna - and we send you much peace and many best wishes back to you - we send you a cup of tea
DeleteI can never turn the volume down - that is how it feels sometimes when the mind is racing with thoughts and it seems to scream sometimes.
ReplyDeleteSome of us see the world through different eyes. (hugs)
That we do - a blessing and a curse - thank you for seeing and the hugs - best wishes back to you Truedessa - thank you
DeleteYou make such beauty from it all.
ReplyDeleteYour mention of your temple mind caused mine to open up and reveal itself to me immediately. Thank you.
So glad Rosemary - I would like to visit your temple mind.. i think i would find flowers there - thank you 🌸
DeleteMemories are a grave machine
ReplyDeletePouring obstacles out like riddles... wow..terrific lines!
Thank you very much thotpurge
DeleteI loved the read...i could feel every sentence...
ReplyDeleteMerry Xmas
Thank you DeeDee and best wishes back
Delete"I can never turn the volume down
ReplyDeleteMemories are a grave machine
Pouring obstacles out like riddles
I’d rather have tea"
I love how the voices get mixed up here--caught in the translucency of the moment, is it ALice or the narrator who would rather have tea? I like translucency of lies and truth, not so much of blood and bones. I like the translucence of ice, but not of ice cream. Sometimes the world is just too much ad I want very much to tun the volume down. Sometimes that happens when I am in books and tv and poetry. Enjoy your holidays, JaeRose.
I am not sure which voice it is any more Susan - but both of us would love to disappear and maybe have a little fun in books, TV and poetry...sounds like a very good idea.. Thank you kindly Susan and wishing you a peaceful and happy holidays too
DeleteThose last three lines were like a Jae Rose haiku. ~giggle~ I wish the world were translucent...I have much trouble seeing at times. Big hug!
ReplyDeleteHah! And we thought we couldn't do poetic forms ;) thank you very much Bekkie and hugs and wishes back!
DeleteWow! This is powerful in so many different ways. Such a wonderful piece of writing.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much Pat
Delete