I coat my brain
In liquor sugar and moons
My breath blue
Like the finest rendered glue
Curious she says
Hopping down
My eyes roll
Clunk
Thunk
Arcade pennies
Falling down
Without a mirror I do not know my face
That’s why they call it a looking glass silly
You have to look
To see
I use my fingers
Feel
Stitches
Bone
And glue
Time passed
Apathetic as bruises
Or triangle stars
They stuck you back together again
She giggles
But they were far too bashful with their stitching
You can see every line and frown
Every moment wasted upside down
Mother would not be amused
I coat my brain
In liquor sugar and moons
My breath blue
Like the finest rendered glue.
Outward appearances are for shallow people; it is inside that counts and the heart measures its beat accordingly. I like to think of us put together with finest rendered glue. You are so adept at these beautiful metaphors Jae.
ReplyDeleteThank you Old Egg - like faberge eggs! If only we are adept at reality ;)
DeleteA well put together poem. My poems are usually simple, but I use haikus or shadormas which up the hardness of the creation.
ReplyDeleteThank you writer.. simple often is the best way..
DeleteChecking the wounds? Sometimes a little reflection can make things look different.
ReplyDeleteYes - we hope so - thank you (other) Alice and wishing you a happy holidays xo
DeleteNice to see you writing, my friend.Liquor sugar and moons, and blue breath.........and "fast way the old year passes".........here comes a brand new one, Jae Rose.And your face is beautiful, as is your heart.
ReplyDeleteThank you Sherry very much - here's to a better year and lots of shiny moons xo
DeleteI love this poem...so intense and real.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much
DeleteThere are two mirrors. The one we see. The one we feel.
ReplyDeleteExactly so (says Alice) though J is still learning - thank you Martin
DeletePerhaps just a temporary distraction of concern for just a while!
ReplyDeleteHank
Let's hope! Thank you Hank
DeleteSo many meanings, I keep rereading this and enjoying it each time. "Time passed, pathetic as bruises" one of my favourites. Are we finding time flies? or appreciating the real despite the cracks and glue, like the Velveteen Rabbit.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much for coming back Tournesol - strangely I have been listening to the Velveteen Rabbit to try and get to sleep.. I think it maybe about understanding real... How it hurts and can only be found by being.. Shall we ask the Skin Horse ;)
Delete