One hundred crows land on the roof
Keepers of time lost
Trapped in concrete
On the third floor
Where the green and yellows failed me
Where home was stripped and stolen
I cried as if my body found my soul
Wall to wall de-escalation
One black leg
And the lingering mix of decay and growth
This is how it tends to be
A paper trail of hints and clues
Candy pellets on the forest floor
Leave me alone
Find me
I miss her
But I am glad she is not here
I hope she is safe
Wrapped up in the red bed
Guarding our dreams
Our being
Keeping the queen at bay
The powder rests subtle on my palate
Foul and festering
Beautiful and toasty
Home
Where everything old feels fresh as rain and falling petals
The gentle beat of two souls yielding
One sex
One mind
One being
This is the seventh day
There seems to be no hope
Except that which we left behind in candles.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a quick note -- this comes from my hospital room...unfortunately j is away from her desk and red bed at the moment...hopefully not for as long as last year...apologies if i don't get back to your replies and posts..as always i appreciate your visits...thank you... j
Oh no! I'm so sorry you're in the hospital. :(
ReplyDeleteBut I do really like your poem, especially the opening line and this:
"Wall to wall de-escalation
One black leg
And the lingering mix of decay and growth"
Thank you peachblossom
DeleteYour sad words are mesmerising as ever but the line "I cried as if my body found my soul" had me weeping too. Each of us will surely want to light a candle for you so you can back to us soon.
ReplyDeleteThank you Old Egg...can you include a wish for a good lawyer too..
DeleteHope you get back to the red bed and the light soon. Odd line "I cried as if my body found my soul". The first read through I actually read lost instead of found. My mind changed it and then on the second read I realized what I had done. Alice will be waiting at the door for you with tea and fresh paper and pen. We wait with her.
ReplyDeleteThank you Dee...I think the two apply...thank you for waiting with Alice and our writing supplies
DeleteIn the end, wanting to be found wins over wanting to be alone. None of us really wants alone. We just want to be found on our terms.
ReplyDeleteHope is always there, just obscured. Too many people try to sell it six-packs, like bottled spring water, instead of letting you drink from the spring itself.
Exactly so Ann..thank you...I wish all this wisdom came from the people with the keys.. but maybe keys and power obliterate wisdom...
DeleteAlice is simply waiting, there with the candles, their scent, flickering lights, and wonderous shadows...Be safe my friend...
ReplyDeleteElizabeth
Thank you Elizabeth..am safe..and Alice is hopefully keeping guard over the real me at home x
DeleteI especially like: "I cried as if my body found my soul" and
ReplyDelete"Home
Where everything old feels fresh as rain and falling petals"
I hope you are better soon :)
Thank you Poet Laundry...
DeleteNicely written, and I do hope that you're soon home from hospital.
ReplyDeleteThanks very much miskmask
DeleteI'm sorry that I can never post a comment here. I try but it just disappears. Hope you're well and back home soon.
ReplyDeleteThank you Misky...I do moderate my comments because of spam..always a pleasure to see you...could be a wordpress/google disconnect.. yes..home soon would be good thanks
DeleteGlad you're in hospital less time than before. Your lines today feels for me like waves, tides...you know...soon you'll be home.. :)x
ReplyDeleteI hope so...thank you humbird xo
Deletejust dangling by threads
ReplyDeleteis a way of life for so many
hang on hang on hang on
believe in yourself
if i am still here
you can do it too
Take care Jae Rose !
Thank you kindly Rallentanda...will do my best to hang on not off...take care too xo
DeleteJae Rose, thanks for letting us know. May you find peace and rest and soon be home again. We are thinking of you. Bless your sister, I assume she is posting for you? Thank you, dear sister! We need to keep connected with our Jae Rose. Jae, your opening lines are a fantastic hook. Your writing, as always, is brilliant. Yes, especially "I cried as if my body found my soul."
ReplyDeleteThank you Sherry - I have my old laptop and dongle..it is painfully slow and my allowance is limited but I can still at least touch base with my friends and fellow bloggers...thank you for your thoughts xo
Delete