The fly bleeds
In my hand
Like the blackberry
Blood
Carbon Monoxide
Sweetness
Next to the Multi-Storey
Where the white butterfly
Reaches its final hour
And spider tumbles down down
I throw out the tape
That held me together
I am gone
Like the charts and graphs
Left in the bin
Redundant
As I leave
I want
I want
All that I can’t have
I am fat
Gorged on misery
Watch the candy she says
Like I am nothing
I cannot say
I eat the candy because
I am not allowed life
Sugar has to do
Filthy berries and fallen flies
They burnt their houses
Made the news
It wasn’t the house I burnt
I want
I want
All they turned to ashes
I am gorged on the sugar of false reality
Like nectar drowning breath
Where they are good
And I am bad bad
I want
I want
All that I can’t have
My forehead is bronze
My thoughts frozen silver
Beyond feeling
Beyond being
The same feather falls from the sky
Each night
I share the ground
With the blackbird
Bat
And angry clouds
And
I want
I want
Sleep
Dreams
You
Me
Home
You wrapped the tree in powder
Burnt the leaves
And everyone
And I
I am left wanting.
How well this reads Jae. All the little things including you being crushed along with your hopes but there is that spark of hope where your forehead is bronze, your thoughts may be frozen silver but your heart is gold. That is precious.
ReplyDeleteThank you OldEgg..let's hope it keeps ticking for long enough to get the hell out of here..
DeleteHowever bad things are, this hints you may be out soon. Yes?
ReplyDeleteI hope I hope..thanks Ann..will keep you posted..
DeleteHoping for the realization that you are something wondrous and you are allowed a very contented life.
ReplyDeleteThat would be good..thanks Kim x
DeleteI have been so wrapped up in my own life...I am sorry I have not been here. I'm sorry you are so in pain. I wish I could send something, anything, to make it better J.
ReplyDeleteYou just did..thank you Dee x
Delete