Monday, 19 August 2013

Dream Space

I dreamed of a space
Where I could spend
My years
Nestled
In the light of your arms
If only I could have persuaded you to stay
To hear the water
Pour on stone
To have a vision of
More
Than the shot
In the neck
On the toilet floor

I dreamed of a space
Where I could spend
My years
Not awake
Not sleeping
But nestled in your chest
Gently breathing in
Blue

I dreamed of a space
Where I held your heart
And said
Enough

I dreamed of a space
Where we could play
With stories
And words
Nestled in the hammock
Under the apple tree
We would spend our
Years there
Turning gently grey
Smiling
Hand in hand
Warm
Cheek against cheek

I dreamed of a space
Where reality came
To an end
At the bottom of a plastic bag

I am poured out like water
My heart turned to wax

We play a silent tribute
In the shade
Light the candle
Warm our hands
Our cheeks
Our hearts

I dream of a space
Where we will spend
Our endless years
Smiling
Together
Strong as all our bones
Melted into one.


15 comments:

  1. This is beautiful,poignant and so full of feelings that are rarely expressed in your writing. I am very impressed. I have found a new facet to your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you OldEgg..it came so quickly..on a bench in the nicer hospital down the road..it's nice when you can catch your feelings and scribble them dwon.. thank you

      Delete
  2. yes...that place... nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  3. The loss is heartbreaking. Too many, in the bag, end this way. Too many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim..yes..too many..too many also halfway in and halfway out..and no real light to show the best way..

      Delete
  4. I often dream like this, Jae Rose. Very beautiful writing. It is so nice to see you back with us.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so Pamela..veyr nice to be back..although in a limited way!

      Delete
  5. the loss is hard but a candle can burn within with those wishes waiting for the person who can light the flame and keep it burning.That's what I wish for you JaeRose someone who can find the candle, light and keep it burning within themselves for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheilagh..always looking to keep my little candle alight and safe..

      Delete
  6. ...Everyone has dreams of this...Statistically I wonder how many fulfil this dream..I will say no more on this matter ( I'm feeling grumpy and negative at the moment) because I don't want to ruin the fresh red and pink roses neatly positioned in your new big hairstyle:) Good to see you back again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rallentanda..I am glad there are roses..sorry not to be able to return visits..i feel like a negligent blogger..time is short and the nut house makes me come back from the library- darn them..makes me grumpy too.. ;)

      Delete
    2. No worries luv...maybe I should come over and keep you company in there...confident I would pass the entrance test..do they still have public hangings in ole Blighty? I think I would be advanced to the next stage instantly for having an attitude problem ...I have this uncanny ability to make petit bourgeois bureaucratic officials want to kill me...on second thoughts I think I will stay put so I can be crazy in peace:)

      I will be glad when this is all over for you.Take care,glad you get to visit a library. Chin up kiddo!

      Delete
  7. This is a beautiful piece of work!!

    ReplyDelete