I catch time in my hands
It doesn’t disappear
Quickly enough
She scrolls
Through her family
I watch
Over
Her shoulder
They stole me
Mine
The picture of myself
So strong before
I shuffle through days
Hospital corridors
Benches
Walls
Cardboard piss bottles
Chipped off murals
The wasp lingers around
The bus
Stop
I turn my back on it
It does not go away
There is so much dead skin in the air
It floats
In anticipation of
Something
One more today
Two more tomorrows
Ants in the sky
Birds underfoot
The vicar asks if I am ok
As I sit
As if at peace
Waiting to be received
Maybe I go
Just for her to ask
You know
The silence
Is neither fearless
Or serene
It is a false rock
Stuck in my belly
Waiting to be spewed
There is no kind face
To look at
To look for
I barely see mine
Me
Any more
She draws bridges and paths
A stick figure in a skirt
I want to scream
Enough Enough
Shut up Shut up
You are tripping up time -
And I do not wear a fucking skirt
Instead I nod false boulders
That is the trick
The lie
They think it’s real
But a life with no magic
No silence
Is very far from real
It is a death held in dandelion arms
minutes seconds hours
Drifting away
Lost
Summer’s last hoorah
You fucking idiot.
I have tested you in the furnace of affliction
See, I have refined you, though not as silver
Silver waits inside me
All around me in blue.
You will get magic back in your life soon Jae. Mind your writing is magic by itself. Your regular readers will note the metaphors and the strength of the words and know that you are talking to them.
ReplyDeleteThank you OldEgg..it is a conversation of sorts..really helps these silent days..to know i am heard..somewhere..and waving hello quietly back..and thank you..for coming back always ..
Delete"a death held in dandelion arms" Such beautiful phrasing.
ReplyDeleteUntil your time is your own, how can it go other than slowly? They create your depression then punish you for it.
Yes..you always hit the nail on the head! thank you so Ann..I wait for time to be mine again..thank you..
DeleteLiving in limbo, you manage to stay alive, keep J alive. That, my dear one, is a valiant accomplishment. Tucked safely inside you is the talent, the wonder, the ability to survive and thrive. Opportunity is just around the corner. Hooray for you!
ReplyDeleteThank you Kim..I will send you a big red balloon when the next hurdle is jumped over..tahnk you x
Delete