Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Tea Party


The clouds are coming
The flies rush in
Water flows underground
The mannequin stands at the window
Unclothed
Watching time fall by
A finger writes
In dust on the car
Bulky as skeletons
Empty like bones
Blown away on the flap of legs
bzzbzz
In one window
Out the next
Leaving something
Of nothing behind
I fall to bed at five
Resigned
This chemistry is screwed
I think
One cup gasoline
One drum beat
The mist of time falling by
Pass it on to dolly and bear
They can drink it up for tea
Put tiny cups in tiny hands and stir the tiny spoon
Rub tiny gums
And smile
Don’t look in the mirror
It’s good
Until you see behind
It’s time to seek the lord I think
She laughs and dances all wings and feet
At the bottom of the sheets
Chocolate spread and watches
Fairy cakes and glass
I need to break the window
I think
But I cannot stop my heart.

29 comments:

  1. Ms. Jarose,, i wish you to have a good day...glenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. A finger writes in dust on the car- great visual, Jae. As always, a wonderful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many wonderful images here. I love the juxtaposition of cheerful and macabre.

    I hope you're doing well, or at least being patient with this crazy world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you'll break the cycle and see the happiness. I think that glass is slowly breaking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Don’t look in the mirror
    It’s good
    Until you see behind"

    So true! If you really can see INTO that mirror, it can be pretty scary. (The older one gets the less a mirror is one's friend.) Another thoughtful write here, Jae.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this one, Jae, such solace in the movement underground. I especially enjoyed the laughter and dance. I know, for me, there was a time when dolly and bear could erase everything. I think you should take a seat, stay where your heart wants to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now now Jae ..the Lord is not going to be able to do anything about your behind:)You will just have to learn to live with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And a good day to you too Glenn..thank you..

    Thank you as always Laurie..

    Trying to be patient Ann..always better when you can shut the front door and batten down the dolly hatches..thank you..

    Thank you Sheilagh..hadn't thought that breaking the glass is good..thanks..

    Yes indeed Mary..thank you..I take the quick run past approach to windows and mirrors..

    Pulling up a tiny seat..thank you Archna..glad you liked..

    Darn..so all that praying is in vain Rallentanda..it would be miracle though..getting my be-hind through the eye of a needle miracle ;) thank you..

    Jae

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've really mixed it up in this one, Jae. Outdoors, indoors, outer, inner. Facades in many forms. I think, however, it is best to avoid the breakage of glass. It seems, on occasion, like the only thing to do; but the shattering is never really the answer. BTW... June 6 is a day the world was blessed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Kim..there is a seat for you at the glass free..non psychedelic 6th of June tea party..Jae x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that is an invitation I cherish. In fact... after my work out I shall sit down to a cuppa English Teatime and raise it high, in honor and respect for a most valiant fighter!
    And thanks for the glass free, non-psychedelic accommodation. You know I am a real wimp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The wimp hides behind glass and powder..the valiant one raises a bone china mug..

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Watching time fall by"
    "I fall to bed at five"
    "The mist of time falling by
    Pass it on to dolly and bear"
    And I am totally at that tea party,
    Alice in a new time, through the looking glass.

    How I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Susan..Alice is always there..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the complexities of your tea party. Can I have a cuppa tea with you too? But, I do like Tetley tea and, the little Tetley tea folks always made me smile.
    This is quite the mix Jae and, as always, a fabulous write.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Drumbeats and gasoline mix so badly. The storm an a bony mannequin, too. They leave such strong impressions.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jae, you must tire of my superlatives, but again, I'm struck by your imagery, your free flow of the syrup in your soul... and yes, the kerosene, too. That's what makes you so unique. You throw in some hope at the end, I loved that. You keep us guessing. And coming back for more. Bless you, babe, and break that damned glass, but make sure you wrap a towel around your hand first, right? Love, Amy
    http://sharplittlepencil.com/2012/06/07/fortress-in-mind/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Of course you can come to tea DayDreamer..it would be a pleasure to have you..Stanley the Tetley tea man will have a brew ready..thank you..

    Thank you Alice..bare bones are always tricky..

    Thank you so Amy..like any well prepared hitch hiker I always carry a towel ;)

    Jae

    ReplyDelete
  19. excellent jae. like being privvy
    to someone's inner apocalypse.

    and doesn't time just seem to
    fall by, it's the simple things
    that tug at the mind...stirring
    a tiny spoon inside a tiny cup,

    stirring tiny superb.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you Paige..I am glad you saw the apocalypse..that was in the flies.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Free flowing beautifully as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  22. this blew me away with the drum beat of images.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is incredible.

    These are some of my favorite parts:

    "Bulky as skeletons
    Empty like bones
    Blown away on the flap of legs"

    "Leaving something
    Of nothing behind"

    "The mist of time falling by"

    "Don’t look in the mirror"

    "Chocolate spread and watches
    Fairy cakes and glass
    I need to break the window"

    This all sounds very familiar. Loved the "mannequin" at the window.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you Angel..

    Paradiddle of thanks Ed..

    Glad you liked..thank you Rosemary..

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, loved this. Conjured up wonderful images as I read it, and I loved the idea of the naked mannequin watching time falling by. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Magic
    Little steps through a magic mind
    Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gasoline? I will stick with tea I think and so should you. The mad hatter is at work - flapping his bones around.
    Screw the mirror - it doesn't define you anyway. I think I would like fairy cakes as long as they aren't the kind where one bite and you are trapped with the fae forever.
    I hope your heart never stops...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you Rex..magically..

    For you Dee..nothing but earthly fairy cakes..earl grey tea..and no mirrors..thank you..

    ReplyDelete