Thursday, 25 January 2024

Ghost

I look at her
She is my little ghost
Light as a feather 
On my shoulder
She is always with me
She keeps me alive
Lets me see Wonderland
Her adventures
Full of cream cakes 
And piping hot tea
I would like to ask her
What it is like
To come back
Or never die 
Do you have to believe 
To carry on being
Maybe it's more important
That those you haunt believe 
She giggles 
As if I am realising 
Who she is 
She knows lots of things 
Places them gently in my head 
To play and think 
To sleep and be
She keeps me safe
And makes me want to keep 
Her safe too
My little ghost
Light as a feather
Always on my shoulder. 

8 comments:

  1. I love this so much.

    My favorite part:
    "Maybe it's more important
    That those you haunt believe
    She giggles
    As if I am realising
    Who she is"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, you two, keeping each other safe. I like the friendly ghosts as well. I have some of them in my life too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "someone to watch over me" ~ your poem has me humming this old classic from the 1920s.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like a pretty good little partner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one of those little ghosts on my shoulder too. Sometimes I see her out of the corner of my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Do you have to believe
    To carry on being"

    I love this thought!

    ReplyDelete