Thursday, 1 June 2023

Project

Am I your project
Or you mine
We are lying in the sun
Quietly absorbing 
The yellow 
Into our bones
I look at her and smile
But her eyes are closed
We don't really like 
Being outside
The world is both
Too big
And 
Too small
I try to think of an answer
Maybe we are both 
I conclude
Projects in the making
Both finished
And unfinished 
There is always room 
For more
Just like more tea
With Hatter
Or more riddles
From the Cheshire Cat 
I didn't like the way 
He smiled 
She says
And disappearing
Is just rude
She makes a little tut 
We are waiting for 
The comfort of the moon
Soon it will come
Knock the sun out of the sky
And open up
A doorway for all
The shining stars 
That thought makes us happy
Who cares about projects
When the time right now
Is right. 

5 comments:

  1. This is just lovely! I like 'Quietly absorbing / The yellow / Into our bones' and also the image of the moon knocking the sun out of the sky and opening up 'A doorway for all / The shining stars' and I love the final conclusion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh ... what a relief to let go of projects ... and how wondrous your doorway to the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your verses leave a deep impact on me

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite Jae poems! You captured that lazy, in the sun, ignoring the projects vibe perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your project is a little happy one. Good write

    ReplyDelete