The moon casts an awful shadow
It snarls up the sky
Covers the lie
And reveals
A single drop
Of tears
Which land gently upon our cheeks
As subtle as breathing
We are all we have now
It makes our heat thump in our chest
We are not ready for this world
We have carved off so much flesh
There is no room for pity
Or grieving
All the signs
We should have left
Have been erased
Like a bad dream
It is just you and me
I whisper to Alice
As we prepare for dreaming
How we wish the moon
Would scoop us up
Make us one of her children
But we are lost
Flitting through thoughts
And adventures
Don't give up she says
And I cling to those words
I will never give up as long
As she is with me.
Trying to imagine the moon scooping me up, making me one of her children ... delightful dream.
ReplyDeleteYes, dont give up, Jae. And remember you have friends around the world to whom you matter, who love you and Alice and your poems. I especially feel the lines about the single tear dropping from the moon. So poignant.
ReplyDelete