She sits crossed legged
On the thick carpeted floor
Silver tea set to her left
Book in front of her
Quite the little pixie
I wonder what it would be like
To be famous
She asks
Don't you already know
I reply
Well I am only a child
Let me think
I say
It would mean that you couldn't
Ride a subway
Or drive a car without sone one
Wanting to take your picture
You would be followed
Perhaps you would like it
Having all the evidence
That you exist
Perhaps you would try
To hide
Wear a hat
Dress up in a suit and tie
Or sit back comfortably
In a trouser suit
Confident that you are important enough
To be measured and reported
She thinks for a moment
I enjoy being on the page
Here quietly with you
But I do not wish for more than that
We both smile and she turns the page of her book.
A lovely poetic incorporation of truly lovely faces ... including yours I'm certain.
ReplyDeleteI love this, so well told :)
ReplyDeleteGreat Jae! You highlighted the other side of the coin! We ordinary folks would want to be having the riches and limelight but forgetting the trouble and inconveniences faced by the celebrities!
ReplyDeleteHank
Luv this poem.
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday
Much❤love
Love the way the story and its pages provide an anchor in the midst of an otherwise chaotic narrative.
ReplyDeleteI love this poem! I am happy reading the page with you and Alice on it too!
ReplyDelete