We raised our hand
And cast the first vote
The choice felt blissful
Something held close
To our chest
We accounted for
Margins of error
Of which there were plenty
Counted our options
Made sense of the matter
Stood back and took a wider view
Of course there were
Sides to play
We were not alone in voting
We were part of the lever
The change
The force
The power
When it came to the final vote
The decision hardly mattered
We were there
We played our part
Whispers and giggles
Drifting on the wind
Lifting up the ticker tape
Letting it fall in our hair like confetti
A celebration
And a stand.
A good read!
ReplyDeleteI love the whispers and giggles drifting on the wind, and the ticker tape falling like confetti. Very cool.
ReplyDeleteLuv that the decision to vote brought about "whispers and giggles." What fun.
ReplyDeleteGood Sunday Jae
much❤love
I love the line "we were there, we played our part". I've never voted in my life and this makes me want to be a part of something bigger
ReplyDeleteCongrats on taking a stand.
ReplyDeleteBravo! The first but not the last, I trust. I think it's so important that we all have a voice and use it.
ReplyDeletealways a pleasure to read you words jae, i always find your work very soothing.
ReplyDeleteJae...do you keep in touch with old egg? He has not been around for a while which is not like him. I hope he is OK
ReplyDeleteHi Rall…I will pass your good wishes onto Old Egg
Delete"Tomorrow we will start again. No end" A note of hope and anticipation!
ReplyDelete