Tuesday, 7 September 2021

Journal

Do you remember when 
We used to write our story
My story
I whisper
The words came
Before you came to help me
She settles in beside me
I remember the pages 
Beautiful white sheets
Filled up with black letters
And skin
People were important then too
They made the pages 
Hard to imagine that 
Every day I had something to write
You were dying 
She ventures
That makes the pen flow
The pages were important 
I remember the weight and smell
Of each journal 
Heavy and putrid
Full and satisfying 
A record
Evidence
What happened to them 
She asks
She knows the answer
But I tell her
I threw them all away
Burnt a few pages too
That was magical 
An adventure that led
To different words
Our story 
She says
And I hold her
In agreement
This is our journal now. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh so sad to have lost all that history. But I LOVE "This is our journal now." Hoping the pages are happier than the old ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often think my poetry is like a kind of journal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely … sigh. (Rosemary is right about about our poetry / journaling.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duscarded sadbessa, and a new "lournal now'. Positivity reigns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stories need to be written. Poem them with your words

    Muchđź’–love

    ReplyDelete