Do all dogs go to heaven
She asks
We are just awake
Coming to naturally
I take a sip of water
Of course they do
I reply
They are heavenly bones
All brave creatures
Should be allowed to travel
To the next world
Without question
She says
Wiping the milk from her lips
I like how limitless
And freely we can talk
It is like hollering into the night time sky
Trotting on cloud ponies
Riding the stars
Everything making sense
And feeling good
We would hate not to think
To ask each other questions
We think of the creatures that have
Passed us by
Remember their smell and weight
Thank heavens Dormouse
Will be here forever
I wonder where animals in Wonderland go
Perhaps they will always be there
Ready for the next person
Who needs them.
Come to think of it, animals do have some rights. They can rightly go to heaven, certainly!
ReplyDeleteHank
If we can go all the other creatures should be able to go too as humans are bot all up to the animals standard. There are quite a few dogs which should welcome me!
ReplyDeleteI certainly hope so. There are some dogs I want to see again.
ReplyDeleteYes indeed to animals going to heaven, and to the Wonderland creatures being always available to any who need them.
ReplyDelete"Trotting on cloud ponies, riding on stars" .... love that thought!
ReplyDelete"They are heaveny bones." How I love that. They are, for certain. And I adore "trotting on cloud ponies / riding the stars." Beautiful. And your closing lines are just perfect. Loved this poem!
ReplyDelete"It is like hollering into the night time sky
ReplyDeleteTrotting on cloud ponies
Riding the stars "
Love these lines Beautiful
I surely believe animals have an afterlife as well