Thursday, 24 June 2021

The Box

The ashes lie in the box
We put in a wet finger
Write out the words
I am sorry
I am lost 
It is a heavy message
Which flowers and blooms
A heavy paper trail
A sorry story 
We have the pang to regret 
But it is a story which will 
Follow us forever 
One we must share
But never forget 
She held my hand
I remember 
It is all a paper trail
Things we moved
Things we could forget
We are glad we have the ashes
And the box
It is a reminder
Of all things solid
And all things lost 
We will play for it forever

8 comments:

  1. Perhaps putting the ashes in the ground at some place that brings good memories back of a loved one is a good place to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written.

    Robin's suggestion sounds wise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin has given wise advice, and I'm inclined to agree. Some things are best sealed away and not revisited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "It is a reminder of all things solid and all things lost." What an amazing line that is. So much loss in life - but I remind myself, the losses are things we had and joyously loved, so we were blessed to have had them. A beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The remains of regret. Nice one. Happy Sunday

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  6. "It is a reminder
    Of all things solid
    And all things lost" That is a grand line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dad went into the ocean, he had been a sailor in the war and then in the merchant navy. I'm sure he's enjoying his travels

    ReplyDelete