Thursday, 3 June 2021

Brightness

We are looking at the moon 
After rain
It stretches out before us
Like the sea 
It blows bright
Gently humming waves
Movement and stillness
Tangled up together 
Like our breath
Rising and falling 
Broken thoughts
Shining feelings
A brightness
Like the sky 
With its whispering clouds 
Slowly lapping at us
A fan of air
A moment of distillation 
A cool breeze 
A deep breath
All that we have in common with the world
We prefer the dark
The brightness hurts our eyes
And yet we must look
Be awake for a single moment
Catch the raindrops 
Bathe in the milky light 
Pale skin glowing 
Eyes dilated
We must watch 
Until the sun comes up 
And says goodbye to moon. 

8 comments:

  1. Ah, this is lovely, Jae.....watching till the sun comes up and says goodbye to the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything as it should be.

    MY POST TODAY

    Wishing you a Happy Sunday.

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deliciously sensual write Jae Rose - it has soothed me this Sunday morning - thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whether it is the Sun or the Moon we should appreciate their beauty and value of having them in our lives. There is just so much love in this world Jae.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poems often take place in lovely landscapes. It's a pleasure to contemplate them through your words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I do understand preferring the dark. That's why, I suppose, I fell in love years ago with the Robert Frost poem that begins, "I have been one acquainted with the night..." Daylight is all well and good, but it is the darkness that somehow nurtures my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for giving us a new look at moonlight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful. I've always thought of the moon as my friend. It began when I was a small child.

    ReplyDelete