Shall we choose the right way
Or the easy way
I ask
She chews her sugar lump
Each path leads to the same destination
She says proudly
Swinging her legs under the table
Happy with her answer
Fitting for Dormouse or Hatter
Everything is a riddle in this world
If we choose the right doors
And poisons
We will have fun
Fun is not thinking of the ending
It is about the journey
The adventure
She giggles
Sometimes it feels as if we will
Be playing this game forever
That makes me feel old and tired
Alice is so full of energy
She sparkles
No adventure is too small
No journey pointless
I will follow and watch her
Eyes half asleep
Body resting
I do not think excitement will ever
Be inside me again
Of course it will silly
She says
Hopping down from her chair
She is ready to follow the pathway
I rise to my feet
And follow.
I can feel Alice, always ready for adventure, and feel the tiredness, and applaud "I rise to my feet and follow." Bravo! (Though today I am succumbing to tiredness and staying in. Alice would not be pleased.)
ReplyDeleteI love, 'No adventure is too small / No journey pointless'.
ReplyDelete"Each path leads to the same destination"
ReplyDeletePonderable
Happy Wednesday
Much💛love
Life can be tiring but but it helps to "I rise to my feet and follow." Lovely Alice has a good grip on survival.
ReplyDeleteTrue, no adventure is small. Nice.
ReplyDeleteLucky Alice never growing older but taking you along living your life free of the day to day problems by her presence.
ReplyDelete