There is powder
Buried in the bed
It keeps me safe
It keeps
Me
Softly
Buried
Under
I see the hill
I ran
Down
Trippedy Trip
Slip
Fall
It would be so easy
To get
It
Right
Like the wind on the bridge
I pass over
Water
Thick as butter
Heavy as breath
A hardship
To out run
To run out
The thoughts
Are in the same place
Up the hill
Struggling
On the tide
Buried in the bed
I do not need the sound to hear it
I do not need the words to feel it
Every electric
Pulse
Echoes
From brain to finger
Tip
There is powder buried in the bed
It keeps me safe
It keeps
Me
Softly
Buried
Under.
I hope there is no powder in the bed. It, keeping you safe is a false illusion. It is hard to keep climbing up hill, very tiring in fact. One day at a time, and hopefully, you won't be buried under the weight of your world too Jae.
ReplyDeleteThank you Daydreamer..it would be nice to run down hill at some point..to cast off the nonsensical weights..
DeleteYes, I want to see you running down the hill also, but not on a slippery slope that leads nowhere. To a place with green fields and trees and a beautiful cool sream. Keep the powder out of sight...perhaps best thing would be to bury it forever.
ReplyDeleteYes it probably needs a decent burial..ashes to ashes..thank you Mary..I hope we both enjoy some down hill skipping..
DeleteI once experienced a hill,,trudging up, tiring,,by turning around, the grade reversed and discoved a path around the hill...hope you are doing good Ms. Jaerose...
ReplyDeleteIt really could be as easy as a shift on the old heels..one day..thank you Glenn..Ms Jaerose is still here..(have tried clicking on your 'differences' blog and it seems to get a little stuck) will try again..thank you..I hope you are all enjoying the reading deck..
DeleteTake the powder to the bridge, then let the wind blow it away.
ReplyDeleteGoing uphill will be easier without the burden of it.
True..thank you Altonian..maybe I need Pigsley's help to get to the apex of that bridge..
DeleteThe powder is so tempting, so familiar, so easy in many ways. Knowing what one knows of it, releasing it forever and loosing its hold is scary and much more difficult.
ReplyDeleteYes it holds tight..like a loved one..except it turns love to dust too..and never loves back..thank you Kim..
DeleteYou possess such wisdom, Jae. I admire that.
DeleteFeeling more worn than wise..but thank you Kim.. x
DeleteDump all your pain and frustration off the bridge and into the water. Watch as it is diluted into nothingness, let it go and you won't need the powder.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much Mary..watching the dilution is probably important..
Deletelet the powder blow away with all the worries. Ir's hard to let go of past pain and trauma but at some point to help yourself be happy,
ReplyDeleteThank you Sheilagh..permission to let go is hard to summon up at times..but hopefully..
DeleteHow long can you sleep in the powder? At some point, it's either wash the sheets, or never come back up.
ReplyDeleteAt times it feels like eternally and others just one more night..I like the idea of a good spring (winter!) launder..thank you Alice..
DeleteWith your words and writing, I hope that you won't stay buried under.
ReplyDeleteThank you Robyn..could be like a lexical shovel..
DeleteBed is a great place. I love my bed. It is my close friend and a cure all for most of the things that upset me.Crisp sheets and plumped feather down pillows and duvets. No sand, toe nail clippings, toast crumbs or powder allowed:)
ReplyDeleteIt is indeed Rallentanda..thank you..when all else fails..hit the hay!
DeleteBeautiful writing to touch the heart.
ReplyDeleteThank you OldEgg..
DeleteThe powder exudes that special aromatic feel. Makes it peaceful being buried together in bed. If you like it by all means have it and enjoy it. It can even be therapeutic. Nicely Jae!
ReplyDeleteHank
It can..at times..thank you Hank..
DeleteWe keep things that hurt us, thinking they will make us safe. We think the hardship comes from not having, when it's the having that makes all those climbs uphill.
ReplyDeleteThank you Ann..yes..the in between place on the hill..when you suspect this is true but still bundle up the powder seems like the hardest place..
DeleteHansel and Gretle, stories to tell at bedtime. Hidden in the bed....up the hill, and down again...we look for things to keep us safe, but there is no place really safe...not even in school, especially for the little children at Sandy Hook, nor for their parents, or grandparents...life can be so cruel, and it takes a lifetime to heal...if ever. I guess we are both a little gloomy...click your heels, and have a wonderful holiday! hugs
ReplyDeleteIt is a peculiar time Annell..maybe it makes us both blue..but you are right..we have the ruby slippers..even when it is not safe..I hope that there is a place we can all click our heels and find..young..old..and wherever we may find ourselves..hugs back x
Deleteloved the poem but reading down through the comments I was struck by the word lexical and had to look it up. It is so you and your poetry. Tells what something means but not everything about it...keep climbing Jae, sooner or later you reach the top and they tell me the downhill trip is so much easier. Passing over water. Love you girl.
ReplyDeletetried to comment and blogger ate it...I loved the poem but then reading down through the comments I stumbled on the word lexical and had to look it up. So very you and your poetry - tells you the meaning but not all about it. Made me smile. Keep climbing Jae, they tell me when you reach the top the downhill trek is much easier - prayers for sunshine and wind at your back. Passing over water like a bridge...Love you girl!
ReplyDeleteThank you Dee..along the bridge..i am a contrary little soldier..all the very best sunshine back to you and flooded Devonian hugs for Christmas time..(i had to add security to my site..you know how bad I am with all things technical but it was a spam invasion..) x
Delete