Wednesday, 7 September 2011
White and Gold
The white and gold sing. The light behind them spilling onto my knees as I observe a silence. Watch the water pour upon your head. Watch your lips change. Not smile. Just change. It is funny. How my heart is still. How it catches me up at 3am then leaves me in peace. To gather the pieces. To gather the pieces. To dull the purple in my foot. The red and yellow. So much time gone. I disappeared amidst it. Not quite eroded. Not quite gone. And I am tired. So very tired. But soon. Very soon. Maybe the white and gold will be in my fingers. Fingers bent and crooked from rust. St Peter will come. Take my hand and pour cool water over my hair. My temples. And the familiar smell. The familiar ooze. The dust. The powder. Will be left aside. For a short time. For a moment. I fill myself up with white and gold. Gather as much light as I can to move me from this seat. I will trust myself. I will trust myself. Like Simon Peter. I will fish inside. For the pieces left. The pieces left. Are they the light that fall upon my knees. White and Gold. Quietly singing. Remembering my voice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Such a poetic prose. Loved it...
ReplyDeletehitching a ride in rusted trails
A prayer, a wish, a desire, a want, a need ... for peace. So deep and once again, lovely.
ReplyDeleteThank you Gautami..
ReplyDeleteThank you Daydreamer..it is a kind of prayer I think..
jae
so beautiful " I will fish inside myself"...
ReplyDeleteadore those words - and I need those words.
Jae, there is such a strong ethereal spiritual
quality to your poetry, that is like a prayer.
Thank you Shauna..I'm carrying a pink balloon from your piece..ready to pop it and enjoy the bang..Jae
ReplyDeleteRYN: Quietly nods in agreement
ReplyDeletelovely prayer for peace I hope she finds it.to find what she needs inside herself.
ReplyDeleteSuch powerful emotions... love the hopeful ending.
ReplyDeleteThese words sing, Jae:
ReplyDelete"I will trust myself. I will trust myself. Like Simon Peter. I will fish inside. For the pieces left. The pieces left. Are they the light that fall upon my knees. White and Gold. Quietly singing. Remembering my voice."
These are the words of healing and hope and life. These words, they are wondrous!
Thank you, I enjoyed reading this.
ReplyDeleteI loved the way the prompt words were so seamlessly included in this beautiful contemplative writing. I am sure there are many pieces left for your character to build on and rejoice in her hope for the future. I am really impressed with this one.
ReplyDeletePowerful, beautiful, moving once again. It is important to remember one's voice...to proclaim it!
ReplyDeleteHolding on to that voice and that light that shines and sparkles off internal fish and nearly blinds the reader. Holding on.
ReplyDeleteThis is my favourite so far. A soft beautiful pot pourri burst of white powder glittered with gold.Loved it.
ReplyDeleteVery beautiful.. Jae ho!
ReplyDeleteAll is beautiful, white and gold! You are a very "brave and strong woman," a maiden running through the forest. I remember when these words were given to me, when I didn't feel that way at all. I give them to you, I hope you will put them with the other pieces that are you.
ReplyDeleteA nod back Daydreamer..
ReplyDeleteThank you Sheilagh..
Thanks very much Laurie..
I'm glad..thank you Kim..
Thanks Andy..
Thanks OldEgg..means a lot..
Start with a little whisper and then work up..thanks Mary..
Holding on with you..thanks Dee..
Thank you Rallentanda..pot pourri..love that!
Thank you Ramesh.. :)
I will make a big blanket of them Annell..maybe lay it out for a picnic with you in the New Mexico sunshine..
Jae
I love the intensity of the repeated phrases. I definitely feel the prayer behind it.
ReplyDeleteI like the hope in this poem. The colors say so much. I first read it yesterday while in Best Buy and my husband was arguing with a salesman. It calmed me right down. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteBeautifully creative and meaningful writing...
ReplyDeleteThank you Alice..glad you did..
ReplyDeleteThat's funny Linda..I can picture the scene beautifully..Jae feels right at home in superstores..
Thank you very much Berowne..
Jae
An undercurrent of sadness and discontent ending in hope for the future!! Her silent meditative prayer is for improvement of her situation is what I see here!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Nanka..Jae :)
ReplyDeleteI can imagine this as lyrics put to music.
ReplyDeleteThank you Linda..I wonder what tune..something bluesy maybe..Jae :)
ReplyDelete