We are blue
Not just the colour
Deep inside
Each breath is an effort
An act of will
Her dress scrapes
The table
Thick cottons
And white pleats
She is whole
I am broken
Pieces of broken glass
Scattered on the floor
We paint a scene
Blue and further blue.
I can feel the depth of that blue - there is a w0rld of brighter colours, too, waiting for you to find it, my friend. I can hear it tapping on the door.
ReplyDeleteThe darkest of blues ... black blue.
ReplyDeleteIn such space of pain it's good to have someone who is whole. This poem of color is so moving.
ReplyDeleteBlue the colour of grace, and grace comes through your words in a cascade of love. Very touching poem.
ReplyDeleteI thought of the deep blue of a lovely glass I once saw or of sea glass, Jae. Yours is a sad poem.
ReplyDeleteI feel this one, Jae! The color blue expresses so much!
ReplyDeleteHeart-breakingly described, this blue that threatens to swallow us up at times. May we see past the blues.
ReplyDelete"We are blue, not just the color." Nice opening for a good poem.
ReplyDeleteThis is a poem that implores we do some soul searching.
ReplyDelete