Goodbye bleeding heart
She sings
I wonder where
She finds the words
What does it mean
She trills
I stop
And think for a moment
To leave without regret
I reply
But I could be wrong
I get lots of things wrong
Hmm she replies
I think you must be right
It feels like that
When I sing it
She starts singing again
Over and over
I hope she will get bored
Of it soon
But am pleased that she is happy
Making a noise
In my silent world
I lie down
Exhausted
Even small things
Make me tired
Alice lowers her voice
She understands
As the minutes tick on
She knows to stop
And she sits at my feet
Looking out of the window
I think your heart
Is bleeding she whispers
That is why you are sad
I know of course that
She is right
Thank you for
Understanding
I whisper back
Glad that we are still
Together.
Thinking of you, Jae.
ReplyDeleteIt's always good to be understood! I love the way you weave this between such very different interpretations of 'bleeding heart'.
ReplyDeletePeople my age usually used "bleeding heart" to mean someone who cared too much, especially about situations we suspected of being scams.
ReplyDeleteSo many people fail to us, our feelings. It is always nice to find one who sees us. And whom we see back.
ReplyDeleteThere are those who fail us, and those who see and "get" us. Beautiful writing
ReplyDeleteSo..... very touching and beautiful
ReplyDeleteYour poem reminds me that reality is so much easier to handle when we have people in our lives who let us be us. I’m so very fortunate, too.
ReplyDeleteYour poetic voice always thrills me.
ReplyDelete