Can we have a pan
For Christmas
She delights
We can bang it
Make a noise
Pretend we are in a parade
Or some other type
Of gathering
It would be good
To make some music
To recreate all the ambitions
We forgot
I remember the teachers
Made me feel safe
I was happy
For a short while at least
We can buy a little tree
At the grocery store
Place an angel on top
She finds a steel pan
In the dusty cupboards
And then a wooden spoon
I brace myself
And hold my head
As she bangs her pan
For Christmas.
Thanks for responding to the prompt . The given words were taken from my 2020 Publication 'A Pan For Christmas'.
ReplyDeleteMuch💜love
I can see her banging away and you holding your head. Smiles. I like the idea of the little tree. I have a tiny one too, on a small table. Every year, to "put up my tree", I bring it out of the pantry and plug it in.
ReplyDelete