Thursday, 3 November 2022

Three

Three is not a magic number 
For us
We like things to be even
Uneven makes us
Shake and hurt
There is just you and me
She whispers
We get lonely
But cannot manage many more
The noise
The chaos
People really are unpredictable 
We like to be safe 
In our room
In our bed
In the dark
Life passes us by
This way
Such a waste 
Some might say
It is all we can do
I reply 
In my thoughts
Even makes sense
Three is just odd
Not if you give it a try
She replies
Fall down the hole
Have an adventure
I will show you more. 

6 comments:

  1. I resonate with this poem, as I spend a lot of time in my rooms, am not fond of noisy, crowded places, and like to feel safe. It is rather crazy out there. However it is peaceful and healing in the forest and at the shore - visiting those places lifts the heart...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do venture out, but I'm a bit of a hermit at heart and my bedroom is like my safe cave. I like living in a quiet neighbourhood and a small town, not so chaotic as big cities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three is an odd number but good company. We do like to be safe and my bed seems to like me more all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Venturing out is the key ... not always easy, is it. A lovely insightful poem, Jae.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first step to any kind of venture is the hardest for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not fond of large crowds. Small groups are more my thing.

    ReplyDelete