I have been called many names
But by far the worst
Was average
You are just an ordinary person
The jealous woman said
Alice contemplates my face
You are far from ordinary
She says
If nothing else
You made your body special
Her delicate fingers
Run over my scars
Face to toes
And your mind has always been different
You think in a different way
Not good
Or bad
Just your way
Thank you Little Cricket
I kiss her finger tips
Another thank you
One for touching me
In the body
I am
Quite how you can pluck
A story from thin air
Makes me giggle
It is not as if you go on any adventures
Any more
I chew my lip
Getting past the front door
Feels like an expedition
I am quite happy
Lying here with you
I say
And we look at each other
With mutual love and wonder
Two special young women
Half lost
Half found
Always together in spirit.
This is so sweetly beautiful, Jae..........your mind, that roduces these incredible poems, is definitely special. As far from ordinary as it is possible to be. I love the love and wonder, half lost, half found. Just beautiful.
ReplyDeleteYour scars are what enable you to dig so deeply into your life ... the world around you. I believe half lost/half found equal a wonderful whole.
ReplyDeleteLovely. :D
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful poem! (I would regard being called 'ordinary' as an insult, too. Though not quite as bad as 'nice'.)
ReplyDelete❤️
ReplyDeleteHaving a kindred spirit by your side can make all the difference when having to stand up against an unfeeling world. This piece reminds me how grateful I am for mine.
ReplyDeleteYou and your poems are anything but ordinary. Your poems are valuable. I have some disabilities in the areas of learning to communicate with people who are deaf or autistic, and you're helping me feel less uncomfortable with the idea of autism, anyway.
ReplyDelete