We walk high up on the walls
The burnt out town behind us
Tiger comes too
For protection
It was only a moment
Before that we were
Wrapping flowers
Around our eyes
Their colours shimmering
Under the light of
The morning moon
She reaches out a tiny hand
To a shadow hand
Imprinted on the walls
We have to keep moving
I say
As gently as I can
There is an open door in a field
We go through
Tiger has taken us as far as he can
Now we travel alone
Metal birds
Above us
Long dresses holding
Us down
How very silly says Alice
I wish I was a boy
No cares
Just eating red roses
But girls get to ride horses
I say
One appears
As if by magic
And we gallop along
Emerging from
The edge of a dream.
Another of your dream-scape beauties, Jae.
ReplyDeleteThis could very well be one of my own nonsensical dreams... I love the magic in your words Jae. Beautiful
ReplyDelete" One appears
ReplyDeleteAs if by magic
And we gallop along"
So much fun here that a wish comes true
Happy Sunday
Much💛love
There are so many echoes in this. I find that it carries me to the edge of the tears.
ReplyDeleteLovely thoughts flow here and ride with the horse my friend! I always love how you gather all the images together in poetic form.
ReplyDeleteGoodness, what a wonderfu weaving of each image into stunning poetry.
ReplyDeleteI love the horse appearing, as you gallop along emerging from the edge of a dream. A lovely lovely poem.
ReplyDelete