I braid her hair with daisy chains
Summer is wearing on our soul
I have had enough of it
She sighs
Me too little cricket
I say
As I let the plait fall through
My sticky fingers
She sits up suddenly
I lie still
Too old
To follow her moves now
Did I fall through the mirror or jump
She asks
You fell down the hole
And jumped through the mirror
I shift slightly
To see her face
It was magic I whisper
To the foggy skies
I will have to tell her
Again and again
Not that I mind
It is all part of our storyline
She wiggles her toes
And stretches her feet
I feel as if we must sleep now
To ward away the heat
Our breathing is heavy
Our thoughts a thunder storm
We hope for a keen wind
To carry in the end of summer
Rain to ease our soul.
"Our thoughts a thunder storm" Hard to stop the sound of thunder.
ReplyDeleteThis is probably one of the saddest tales of Alice and you that I have read Jae. Poor Alice is starting to forget her own story. Mind you being a 180 year old makes it understandable.
ReplyDeleteI hope too for that keen wind for you, and the rain to ease your soul.
ReplyDeleteThis sliced close to tears.
ReplyDelete*trying to send you the rain to ease your soul*
ReplyDeleteSuch sweet and loving words to your little cricket........summer will soon turn to fall, my fave season............the keen wind and rain will soon be here, my friend.
ReplyDeleteHoping for the keen wind .....
ReplyDeleteEvery once in a while its a natural process to reflect and question the answers to how did we get here.
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday Jae. Stay safe
Much💝love