Wednesday, 18 October 2017

Refuge

We seek refuge in the old moon
Breathing up a storm
Hoping for light
The days are endless
The nights are long
We wish for peace but it is gone
Every breath is like the ocean
Ebbing forward and back
We wish for apple blossom tides
And cinnamon cups
Anything to take away the dark and show us the light
We seek refuge in the old moon.

19 comments:

  1. This is clever, poetic and poignant... a great poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I, too, fear the free fall before the new, "seek refuge in the old."

    ReplyDelete
  3. "We wish for apple blossom tides
    And cinnamon cups"....Sooo love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading this Jae, Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. as usual a sprinkling of the charmingly unexpected in your poem:
    "We wish for apple blossom tides
    And cinnamon cups"

    ReplyDelete
  6. "We seek refuge in the old moon..."

    That is true. I look at the moon when I find that I am in need of some peace at night. However, I look at the moon too to be dazzled by its beauty at night. Him and the stars are my jewels of the night. Good day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the taking refuge in the old dark moon, an excellent place to hide. I also like very much the appleblossom tides.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The breathing like the ocean really speaks to me......sometimes I envision waves, to get myself to sleep. I send some light your way, my friend. It is always so lovely to read you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Apple blossom tides and cinnamon cup/anything to take away the dark and show us the light...": piercing and evocative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful imagery...apple blossom tides.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Refuge in the old moon Love Great poetry again

    ReplyDelete
  12. We seek refuge
    in the old moon

    There is so much faith in the moon that it does no wrong!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, apple blossom tides and cinnamon cups; enticing refuge in dark autumn days. Beautiful write!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hiding in the light. Luv this paradox Jae

    Muchđź’–love

    ReplyDelete
  15. Action-oriented poem!
    Our world really needs light.
    Let there be light.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Apple blossom tides could change the world! Love this, Jae.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We do seek refuge as we all search for the light. Beautiful thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah yes, there is something familiar about the old moon, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful images. Speaking of the old moon, where is old egg?

    ReplyDelete