Wednesday, 11 October 2017

Autumn

Autumn licks at the corner of our existence 
We are all at once ready and able 
Time ticks on 
Hatter sings and Joker dances 
The peppermint clouds and cinnamon dust waft through the window
Another day
Another day 
Crisp leaves and gentle breezes 
We gather them up like treasures 
Keep them in our pocket
Wait for another year
Another year
I am sure that the breeze will come and wash away the darkness
Autumn comes
Winter stays 
Summer lingers in the background 
We will wait and gather stones 
Open the window and let the light prevail.

15 comments:

  1. With Autumn being around us we will always have hope!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another day indeed!

    Crisp leaves and gentle breezes
    We gather them up like treasures

    you conjure up some magical images in wonder-land :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "We will wait and gather stones
    Open the window and let the light prevail."

    This poem--every bit of it--is my new favorite of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autumn licks at the corner of our existence .... love that....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...I was dancing to your poem here. The repetition of the lines was musical. Great write!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Susan - there is a change in the weather of your writing - this poem beautifully drawn and told
    "The peppermint clouds and cinnamon dust waft through the window" - so imaginative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My friend........there is hope in this poem. I love it! Love the gathering up of treasures........the breeze that will come and wash away the darkness..........my favourite of yours, too. I love it! Breathe in the leaf-scented air, my friend. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An open window and prevailing light--this poem ends on a high note of hope!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Autumn comes
    Winter stays
    Summer lingers in the background
    We will wait and gather stones ..." Embracing Change and Impermanence foster hope and understanding. Beautiful poem, Jae!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Autumn licks at the corner of our existence " love I can feel the atmosphere of autumn. I hope the breeze washes away the darkness. Love the last line of hope Great poem

    ReplyDelete
  11. Time goes on and on.. So do different seasons. Let us gather up the treasures and let the light prevail!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "let the light prevail"....lovely and full of hope. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "...Crisp leaves and gentle breezes / We gather them up like treasures ...". :Love these lines.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How beautifully you and Alice sing your delight in Autumn

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  15. We can find treasures everywhere whatever the season. We find them because we want to; not only in nature but in other people too and if we look very hard we can even find them in ourselves as well. Very well written Jae.

    ReplyDelete