In December I was in the red bed
Dreaming
Soft curls
And peppermint dreams
Now I am awake
But the world is not real
No Cheshire Cat smiles
No rainbows or magic flowers
We are lodged
Which means staying
stuck stuck sticky
No view
I left Alice
Safe
Along the way
I do not want her fingers
She scraped the concrete walls
I do not want her
To see
Belt chains
Keys
Windows
Meshed
Hear the alarms
The shouts
Door after door
Slam bang
shut shut
We are stuck here
On the other side are the bad men
I do not belong here
It is all such a terrible mistake
But the Red Queen cannot hear my cry
So my head stays on
Like concrete
I do not belong
I am property
Listed and ticked
The flowers are tired
Drained and forgotten
I do not remember
What I look like
Feel like
Smell like
This is all a terrible mistake
I whisper to Alice
Who waits safely in the red bed
I wish I could say I was tired
But I feel nothing at all
I am lodged
Which means staying
stuck stuck sticky
No view.
even Alice was stuck - temporarily. Hang on girl!
ReplyDeleteThe spirit of your writing is unchanged. It is just what I want to see. I know that Jae is still with us and her words are like heartbeats, strong just as we love to read them. I am so glad you managed to get this post up.
ReplyDeleteIt is so good to hear your voice, despite the sadness therein. Strength, J. Strength.
ReplyDeleteGlad you can at least get to a computer now and then, or pass a few words alomg to a friendly someone who will do it on your behalf.
ReplyDeleteWhat can I say? Just keep trying to think positive against all the odds. Retreat to the summer blue palace.Think peppermint dreams. Do not give up Jae. Pray.I am thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteRallentanda
I don't like this place, hang on, my hope is that you will not be there long. I am glad you are still able to write! hugs
ReplyDelete