The day starts with the bird falling
Its head fractured but still breathing
The solitary bee pollinates the wooden garden
The magic number was three
Now it is fifteen
The concrete and fences
Climbed the ladder
Over the top of consciousness
I walk past the spot the baby bird died
Brush my hand over the bush
It is soft
Like hair
Baby hair
Nestled safely around twigs
Like skin around bones
Determined to thrive
To remain undamaged
Stuck in the wooden garden
Slap slap wake up
I am wide awake
I must get back
Back to my world of mirrors
The right side of shiny
Tornadoes and red shoes
A rustle of happy
I will not walk on the flowers
Like ego and soul ground down in pestle and mortar
Only my hand has a legitimate claim
On that which is precious
On that which is me
The days ends after the bird has fallen
The killers still gabble on the roof
The solitary bee is still busy
bzz bzz
The bush is soft
My hands are busy
bzz bzz
Writing
Dreaming
All that is mended
All that is mine.
I am sending prayers and love your way and hoping that this walk of yours will end in the sun, warm on your face with birds that sing and fly. I pray that the people who are with you are given insight and compassion and whatever they need to give you feathers and wings of your own.
ReplyDeleteThis is so beautiful Jae. I love being able to read between the lines and find you there, determined, unbroken, waiting. Waiting to fly away again.
ReplyDeleteIt is a shame about the bird, but these things happen. We often have birds flying into our windows; the windows are large and the reflected sky and trees make the birds think there is open space beyond. Your bush sounds nice, and the fact that you are dreaming and writing is great news indeed. Bestest of wishes from one of your many friends. Keep dreaming - dreams can come true!
ReplyDeleteDear Jae Sounds like a beautiful day, but with an unhappy thing, the little bird dies, but a day of dreaming. A beautiful poem!
ReplyDeleteHopefully they will consider you mended soon and you can emerge back into the sunlight and wear red shoes as often as you wish.
ReplyDeleteI have missed you, Jae, as I have been sorting and packing and moving. I will be settled soon. I am grateful to read your words in my few spare moments. You are always on my mind. Sending love and support and a true desire for your well-being. <3!
ReplyDelete