The shift is coming
My heart closes
Like an anchor
Around my words
Around my insides
The wolf
Is like a beam of light
Teeth shining
At the end
At the beginning
Tongue wet with spit
Ready to rip apart
The layers of our being
My being
Curious
How that has gone
My
Being
Swept away in the current
Not electric
BzzBzz
So gentle
Not water
ShhShh
So cool
Harsh
Pulse
Through head and veins
Blood
Red
Pulling me down
Pulling me down
Down
Down
Tree of cups
Bowl of flowers
Tea spoons on the window sill
I should not be here
It should not be going there
Home
Is lost
A luscious dream
Dead
Cold
Out of range
I wish for it
Have forgotten it -
So it can no longer be wished for
Be calm
Be still
I hold Alice
And whisper
Unsure
Unsteady
The shift is coming
My heart closes
Like an anchor
Around my words
Around my insides
We will endure
I tell her
We will endure.
Your writing has always been biographical but over the years it has developed into a powerful indictment of the world around you. This reader has watched as your strength has grown to combat the difficulties faced. If only others could see that and give you your freedom. Remember that hope was all that was left in Pandora's box, so we all have that.
ReplyDeletetrust - even in unsure situations. this is one gripping read
ReplyDeleteWe will endure :-) As will your words.
ReplyDeleteYes, you will endure. You must.
ReplyDeleteElizabeth
http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2013/05/26/before-breaking-silence/
The coming shift, knowing "We will endure" can lead to a knew home, found, sure and steady.
ReplyDeleteYes, you words are haunting. You don't give it all away, keep mystery, and yet your words do close around the heart like an anchor. Stay strong and stay safe.
ReplyDeleteI love your style - your voice - your use of repetition and vivid imagery - I must admit to ignorance as to the subject matter - the sign of a fine poem is that it was not an obstacle to enjoyment :) ... Please forgive my ignorance
ReplyDeleteLast three lines. TRUE! You, your writing, your essence will, indeed, endure.
ReplyDeleteThank you all so much..
ReplyDeleteHome is in your head. Be your own best nuturing loving and trusted friend and you will survive. Move into the beautiful summer palace of your mind for a while.
ReplyDeleteThe power of the mind is a remarkable weapon. Endure Jae. It cannot last forever.
No..nothing lasts forever..even the bad..another fine Rall survival tip..i will miss those.. x
DeletePensive and reflective; very much in earnest. Well done.
ReplyDeleteIt does feel like time is frittering away..as i try to scribble last words..but not forever last words..thank you..i will miss your quizzes..
Deleteagain I love the poetry and the way you spin a bowl full of thoughts. I am concerned of your reply to Berowne.."I will miss your quizzes."
ReplyDeletePlease do not leave us...
You capture a deep pull of emotion in simple clear words and spin the pull deeper with the repetition. The poem has a powerful feel.
ReplyDeleteHold Alice...hold you - whisper to you. You deserve to be whole and to walk in your life on your own feet. You can. I wish it for you.
ReplyDeleteI know you'll come out on the other side of this. I know it's hard, but maybe if you pretend to play their game, you'll go home again sooner? I will look forward to your words, whenever they come, regardless.
ReplyDeleteI love the repeating lines "my heart closes like an anchor around my words" you are extremely talented, a writer to aspire to, a writer that inspires
ReplyDeleteThank you all so much..i can't think of a nicer leaving present than all your kind and supportive words..
ReplyDeletedon't worry it is a bientot Old Grizz.. :)
Very powerful and wonderful writing. Yes, "we will endure". And I hope you are not leaving blogdom. I will be watching for your words as you make your journey.
ReplyDeleteAn intense piece, Jaerose. I hope all is going to be well for you.
ReplyDeletePamela