When I was young
And wild
I did not hesitate
About jumping in the car
With that guy
The one with
Long hair
And a smashed in face
We muttered and pretended
To be lovers
He said
I thought you would save me
I replied
You have to save yourself
I slammed on the breaks
Kicked him out
Not in fury
And losing him
Did not make me crumble
I had the front
Of mother
Cool and calculating
So here I am now
With Alice
The car has gone
There are no more guys
We are happy about that
She whispers
They only bring trouble
And loss
I am glad that
I did run away though
It made a bad story
A little more exciting
Moveable
Now we are static
Forever eating jam and tea
I look in her eyes
They are blue
Blue as the sea
We miss and pine for
Only a short stop away
Waiting for us when we are ready
To go there again.
I had much the same reaction to men. LOL. I love the jam and tea - and knowing the sea is there when you are ready to visit it again.
ReplyDelete