Saturday, 17 August 2019

Entry

The entry is fragile
Fragments of light stream through the garden
Catch on the flowers
Crash to the ground
The air is clear
The spokes of the bicycle wheel whirr gently in the wind
The fragrance of roses passes us by
I can feel the weight of her hand wrapped around mine
It is a bizarre type of love
It gives me strength
A fighting chance
Her breathing is shallow
Pretty
I doubt we know how much time we have spent together
In the distance is the call of birds
We both hear them
They make a bid for their prey
Small worms and other tiny things
I offer up my eyes to their flight
Alice makes a telescope out of an old tube
Giggles quietly to herself
It is good to see the world
There are so many colours and sounds
A rich perfume of days passing
They go so quickly
Faster than Rabbit
It doesn't pay to chase them
Far better to let them flow through us like water
Sometimes it is hard to know if we are awake or asleep
Perhaps it doesn't matter
We will firm up the door
Leave the key in the lock
It feels safe to have a way in and out
The light fades and the wind dies down
All is quiet
Just as we like.


16 comments:

  1. This poem evokes feelings of peace acceptance and contentment...nice one !

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It doesn't pay to chase them
    Far better to let them flow through us like water"

    Luv the deep wisdom in this poem of contentment

    Thanks for dropping ny my sumie Sunday Jae

    Much❤🕊❤love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it is hard to know if we are awake or asleep
    Perhaps it doesn't matter... oh I love those lines.. just the now..whatever it may be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's my takeaway: Even bizarre love can give us strength. What a comfort to know that all does not have to be perfect to be helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. always a therapeutic feeling when one passes by fragrant roses, the scenery of your poem here brings fond memories and feelings of nostalgia for me indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the peace, the contentment, the key in the door to make going in and out easy. Lovely, Jae.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes those bizarre loves speak to the core of who we are, helping us grow and become something more than we were before. In which case they are not strange, but the most absolutely natural thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We need a key but we also have to have an exit don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Choices are a great feeling to have. Closed doors can be so scary, and limiting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A rich perfume of days passing........Far better to let them flow through us like water
    I loved this part the most.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sense of a rare afternoon is palpable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Feeling safe to have a way in and out is very important, I think.. I am one who does not like to feel trapped.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This really is one of your best Jae. I loved the calm acceptance of life and the key in the lock indicating all will be well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really enjoyed reading this. Great opening line … awesome finish. This is wonderful writing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A most satisfying one out of these words!

    ReplyDelete
  16. "Colors and sounds flowing through us like water"

    "We will firm up the door
    Leave the key in the lock
    It feels safe to have a way in and out"

    Even in contented times, we like to know there's a way in and out. Love this, Jae!

    ReplyDelete