Wednesday, 26 July 2023

What Pleases Me

What pleases you
She asks 
As we sink into the bed
I look at her shining face
Her sparkling eyes
I take a deep breath 
And say 
A lot pleases me 
Little Cricket 
The moon shining in the window
The stars glimmering
The thought that the day
Has passed 
And we have been safe
Clean clothes 
On a warm day
The smell of washing powder
Filling up our senses 
Shiny shoes
And bare toes
Our colourful beads 
And silky hair 
Walks by the sea
Green hills
Vanilla ice cream
Sitting up
Not lying down 
Seeing the world differently 
With clear eyes
And a clear mind 
Our breathing slows
We are in that beautiful haze
Between awake and sleeping 
Muscles relaxed 
Fingers unclenched 
I wonder if we will dream tonight
Good dreams 
As good as the daytime daydreams 
We close our eyes
And I whisper
Most of all 
You please me
Being together 
And holding each other close
That is more than enough. 

6 comments:

  1. This is a very lovely poem, full of the simple joys of seeing life through clear eyes with a grateful heart. Beautiful, Jae.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful I love all these pleasures

    ReplyDelete
  3. I overflow with pleasure after reading your poem, Jae.

    ReplyDelete