Saturday, 12 September 2009

Tattoo

Wes hunched over my ankle inking in the blues and blacks of the butterfly.

At first my leg flew away from his hands with every bite of the needle.

Adrenaline he said.

After a while each small puncture was like a soft kiss. Soothing, beautiful.

Wes's spare hand relaxed its hold and he carefully wiped up the spill of colours with a paper towel.

As the butterfly filled I felt warmer inside than ever before.

7 comments:

  1. I loved your take on this...beautifully done (and a beautiful butterfly, too). :~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my leg would be flying away too :)
    I love how this ended up such a beautiful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reckon beating the pain barrier and seeing the end product is what a lot of it is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a beautiful experience and the end product was definitely worth any discomfort (just hope it doesn't wrinkle with age)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have several tattoos, as showcased on my writing for sunday scribblings, and not one of them hurt. I love the pulsating feeling of the tattoo machine, sends a stimulating sensation throughout my body that provides me a natural high. I absolutely love them! So, I can relate to your story.

    ReplyDelete